Sunday, October 29, 2017

MIDNIGHT RAIN


Image: https://www.youtube.com

By: Yohanes Manhitu

Midnight rain…
Did you have enough nap this afternoon?
I wonder why you did not show up this morning.
I would have called you “morning rain”
if you had shown up in the early morning.
Why are you here when I am about to enjoy a dream?
You do bother me. Do not you understand?
I should have let you know beforehand.

Midnight rain…
Why do you arrive
when I am listening to the beautiful music of nature?
You seem to envy me, do you?
By the way, maybe it is not your fault, but mine.
I should have been in bed with a beautiful dream
so that I do not see you when you arrive with noise.

Midnight rain…
Are you the teardrops of the sorrowful heaven?
Is heaven sad because men are going crazy on earth?
Whisper me some meaningful words so that I understand you!
Or, maybe you are the answer of dry earth’s long prayers?
Will you help me tell my prayers to the cities of heaven?
When you return to paradise and its flower gardens,
please send me a bundle of heavenly pink roses.
Do it for me, midnight rain!

Yogyakarta, 4 January 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment