Sunday, August 31, 2014

To the distant angel



By: Yohanes Manhitu

To you, distant angel, I write these verses;
to you, distant angel, I will recite my poems.
Sometimes I believe that we belong to one life,
many nights I dreamt we two shared a dream.
But now I suppose that you are a distant angel.

Many moments we shared in rich happiness,
much time we enjoyed in pure togetherness.
But now I see that you are just a distant angel.
I hoped I would kiss your very fragrant flesh,
but now I see your soul dancing with the wind.

Allow me to dance with your tempted soul!
Give me a second to touch you tender mind!
Should I take your soul away from the wind?
Will your flesh stand any torture of the world?
Should my lips keep calling you "distant angel"?

Baciro-Yogyakarta, 23 June 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment